I have a confession to make; I LOVE sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth and sometimes it gets me in trouble (i.e. too many cookies, pieces of dark chocolate, or brownies- or is it too many?). Something about popcorn, chocolate, and caramel reminds me of going to the movies with my parents as a little kid. Sitting there in the seat, so excited for the lights to dim and the picture to start, while munching on overly buttered and salted popcorn and chocolaty sweet bites of whatever candy I begged my parents to buy me. Oh, good times.
So, I clearly LOVE the combination of salty and sweet, and when I went to create a recipe with Pipcorn- an awesome, all natural, non-GMO, small batch, & totally delicious popcorn- I knew I needed to create a sweet and salty flavor combo, in a more healthful way! Pipcorn is definitely not your mom’s popcorn, its light and airy while still very satisfying. Going along with the theme of all natural and non-GMO, I wanted to create a recipe that was dairy-free, gluten free, with no refined sugars, and also vegan!
These PIPcorn balls are bursting with natural sugars, superfoods- gogi berries, mulberries, cacao nibs- and some yummy goodness. A guilt free treat!
Superfood PIPcorn BallsPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 40 minutesTotal Time 50 minutesServings 8 Popcorn Balls (Depending on size of popcorn balls)
- 12 in small dates- soaked for 15 minutes warm water
- 1/3 c of light agave
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c warm water
- 1 bag Sea Salt PIPcorn
- 1/4 c gogi berries
- 1/4 c mulberries
- 1/4 c cacao nibs
- Drain dates and combine oil, water, dates, and agave in food processor and process until smooth. If it is still too thick, add more warm water.
- Once you have this mixture, place PIPcorn in a bowl and pour syrup over the popcorn and massage it through with your hands. Add gogi berries, mulberries, and cacao nibs to bowl and continue to mix.
- Line a muffin tin with tin foil and then shape popcorn into balls- it may be useful to have plastic wrap between your hand and the popcorn because it may stick.
- Place the final product in the freezer for at least a half hour to set the coconut oil and harden it in place.
- Remove from freezer & enjoy!
I hope you all give this awesome product a try & check out their website here! If you try out this recipe, let me know & be sure to tag me on Instagram at @TheBalancedRose!